Casepin
Back to cases

Ongoing case

2023 Goshen shooting

Six people, including a ten-month-old baby, were shot to death execution-style in a home in Goshen, California, on January 16, 2023; two men have since been charged with the murders.

Illustrative

On January 16, 2023, six people were killed in a shooting at a house in Goshen, California, an unincorporated community in Tulare County. The victims were Rosa Parraz, 72; Eladio Parraz Jr., 52; Jennifer Analla, 50; Marcos Parraz, 19; Alissa Parraz, 16; and her ten-month-old son, Nycholas Parraz. Three other people inside the property survived uninjured. The shooting occurred just before 3:40 a.m., and deputies arrived roughly seven minutes after the first 911 call. They found Alissa and Nycholas Parraz dead outside the home and four other victims dead inside. Surveillance footage reportedly showed Alissa Parraz attempting to save her infant son by placing him over a fence moments before both were shot. Five of the six victims were shot in the head; the sixth was shot in the torso and legs. Investigators said at least two shooters were involved.

A week before the killings, a search warrant had been executed at the same house. The Tulare County Sheriff's Office said deputies found drugs, ammunition and weapons there, and Eladio Parraz was arrested and later released on bail as a result.

Of the three survivors, one was the person who called 911; upon hearing gunfire down the hallway, that person lay on the floor, braced their feet against a door, and pretended to be dead while a shooter reportedly rattled the door handle before moving on. Two other survivors were found hiding in a trailer near where one victim was shot.

In the days following the shooting, investigators served three additional search warrants in the Goshen area targeting known gang members, and searched cells at five prisons connected to the same gang. A reward for information, initially $10,000, was raised to $25,000. Officers identified eight suspects, issued eighteen arrest warrants, and recovered six firearms; two members of a gang described as rivals of the Parraz family were arrested during the operation.

On February 3, 2023, Noah Beard and Angel Uriarte were arrested and charged with the murders. Both pleaded not guilty and are being held without bail; if convicted they could face life imprisonment without parole or the death penalty. Uriarte separately faces federal charges — assault on a federal officer involving a weapon, discharging a firearm during a violent crime, and being a felon in possession of a firearm — stemming from a shootout with ATF agents during his arrest.

In the aftermath, Shayne Maupin, the father of the infant victim Nycholas Parraz, filed a lawsuit against members of Tulare County Child Welfare Services and the Tulare County Sheriff's Office, alleging that child-welfare officials had placed Nycholas into the Goshen household — where both parents were minors — despite known gang activity, and that the Sheriff's Office failed to act on prior warning signs to protect the young mother and child.

Key facts

Victims
Nycholas Parraz, Jennifer Analla, Rosa Parraz, Alissa Parraz, Eladio Parraz Jr., Marcos Parraz
Date
2023
Location
Goshen, California, United States
Case status
ongoing

Case timeline

  1. 2023-01

    A search warrant is executed at the Goshen house; deputies reportedly find drugs, ammunition and weapons. Eladio Parraz is arrested and later bailed.

  2. 2023-01-16

    Six people, including a ten-month-old baby, are shot and killed at a house in Goshen, California; three others survive uninjured.

  3. 2023-01-20

    Authorities issue three additional search warrants in Goshen targeting known gang members and search cells across five prisons linked to the same gang; multiple arrest warrants issued and firearms recovered.

  4. 2023-02-03

    Noah Beard and Angel Uriarte are arrested and charged with the murders; both plead not guilty and are held without bail.

Best coverage

No coverage has been attached to this file yet.

People

  • Nycholas Parraz

    VICTIM

    Ten-month-old infant victim killed in the shooting

  • Jennifer Analla

    VICTIM

    50-year-old victim killed in the shooting

  • Noah Beard

    CHARGED

    Charged with murder in connection with the shooting; pleaded not guilty, held without bail

  • Rosa Parraz

    VICTIM

    72-year-old victim killed in the shooting

  • Alissa Parraz

    VICTIM

    16-year-old victim killed while attempting to shield her infant son

  • Eladio Parraz Jr.

    VICTIM

    52-year-old victim killed in the shooting

  • Marcos Parraz

    VICTIM

    19-year-old victim killed in the shooting

  • Angel Uriarte

    CHARGED

    Charged with murder in connection with the shooting; also faces federal charges including assault on a federal officer; pleaded not guilty, held without bail

Roles reflect public records and court outcomes at the time of writing — supporting citations are on file under Sources.

Places

Common questions

What happened to the victim?
Six people, including a ten-month-old baby, were shot to death execution-style in a home in Goshen, California, on January 16, 2023; two men have since been charged with the murders.
Where did the shooting happen?
Goshen, California, United States.
What is the current status of the case?
Status: ongoing. Last verified July 2026.

Sources

  1. ENCYCLOPEDIC2023 Goshen shootingWikipedia · 2026-07-07
  2. PRESSContemporaneous coverage — Goshen, California shootingCNN · 2026-07-07
  3. PRESSMother, infant fleeing massacre, California family killed, sheriff saysNBC News · 2026-07-07

Record history

First published
JUL 07, 2026
Last verified against sources
JUL 07, 2026

When a file you follow changes — a new development, a correction, fresh coverage — the Dispatch is how you hear about it.

The Casepin Dispatch

A calm weekly briefing from the archive — one case worth understanding, meaningful updates to files you follow, and the best new coverage. You’ll also get the one-time note when the apps land. No gore, no rumor, no drip.